With the engagement celebrations settling down, couples will be starting to discuss what style of wedding they envisage for their big day. Usually the first port of call on theIr wedding planner is picking the ceremony and reception venues and with so many to choose from it can be hard to know where to begin! Lisa’s Wedding World did a piece with helpful tips on picking your wedding venue – definitely worth a look :).
I would advise for you to start your wedding checklist before going anywhere near a wedding fair :). Thankfully HagParty.ie have some great posts on getting the ultimate wedding checklist – check them out below :
Don’t fear – the wedding fair 2016 season is currently in full swing so you will have plenty of opportunities to visit these venues and experience them in full wedding mode, before making that big decision. It’s also a great opportunity to meet with other wedding suppliers and sample their range of products.
Here are my top tips for wedding fairs
- Bring your partner or a friend and make it a fun day out!
- Dress comfortable, some of the bigger fairs cover a lot of ground so you don’t want to do this is heels!
- Strategise -if you’re tied to time, plan around the fashion show and prioritise your suppliers.
- Have your phone charged and take some pics to create your ideas board.
- Don’t rush in – use the fair as an opportunity to browse and get inspiration without pressure. If you can’t stop thinking about the item the following week then consider booking.
- Enter as many competitions as you can – if you’re not in you can’t win-every little helps towards the wedding budget!
- Samples- whether it’s trying on a hair accessory or cake tasting, now is your time to do indulge without obligation to buy.
For upcoming wedding fairs check out : https://hagparty.ie/our-blog/upcoming-wedding-fairs/
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I created Once Upon A Wedding after spotting the wide gulf between the generic wedding decor available in Ireland and the aspirational wedding decor desired by couples, as seen on social media e.g. Pinterest. With my eight years experience in visual styling and background in design, I decided to set up on my own, offering pretty prop hire and inspirational venue styling for Irish weddings.
For further details on my venue styling service, event prop hire and the latest in wedding trends, visit www.onceuponawedding.ie
Happy planning x
Laura’s HagParty.ie listing : Once upon a wedding