We caught up with newlyweds Michael and Stephen to talk about their wedding, their honeymoon and more…
1) So tell me, where did your wedding take place?
Rochestown Park Hotel in Douglas, Cork.
2) Did you have many bridesmaids / groomsmen?
We had two ‘groomsmaids’, one best woman and one best man!
3) What was your wedding ceremony like?
A unique ceremony…..Very personal with five personal readings from loved ones. We had music by Bravura in cork. The ceremony set up was a circle in shape so all of our guests felt included.
4) Did you personalize your wedding in any way?
We used our initials as our logo. We had ‘MS’ lighting, ‘MS’ logo on the dance floors. We had quotations from Les Miserables on our table cards. The wedding was very personal overall.
5) Was there any surprises?
It was Mikes birthday the day we got married. I surprised him with a 5 star trip to Puerto Banus for later this year…..and a luxury weekend in Dusseldorf!
6) Did you have a wedding song / first dance? Mike also surprised me with a video montage of I choose you by Sara Bareilles for our first dance.
7) What type of entertainment did you decide upon?
We had Bravura string trio, The Cork Jazz Band, The Clubmen and Funky Functions DJ set.
8) What is the one piece of advice you would give brides and grooms to be?
Don’t stress over the little things… take some time out for each other before the big day!
9) Tell us about your honeymoon?
We flew to Paris for a few days, then onto Nice before travelling to to Cannes. We then sailed from Saint Raphael to Saint Tropez travelling up the Frecheville coast into Sanremo in Italy… then back down to Nice for the final few days of out trip! 5 star all the way and totally worth it.
10) What are your favorite things about being married?
Waking up and knowing the person beside me is who I’ll wake up to for the rest of my life. Feeling of security and safety. Being madly in love!